Our vision is to offer the most comprehensive player development environment in Central Virginia. It is our philosophy to constantly challenge the status quo by finding innovative solutions and creative ways to improve our current environment.
Over the last few seasons, we have been on the forefront on a few initiatives that we believe have improved our development environment, for example:
- Introduced biological age testing to find an appropriate practice challenge for every player and to better monitor growth-related injury/balance problems.
- Joined forces with Bon Secours to include a multi-month soccer-specific Sports Performance program to enhance the athletic development of our post-maturity players.
- Increased the focus on individual player development by establishing Individual Development Plans for all of our players.
- Expanded the Futsal component to let all of our players experience the benefits of the small-sided Futsal games
- Introduced an affiliation club program to let more talented players in the area experience the benefits of Richmond United's and the Development Academy's environment
- Established the Developmental Player role to create more appropriate development opportunities for more players